What Do Your Honda Warning Lights Mean?
The various Honda warning lights on your dash aren’t there just to decorate the space. They convey important information that keeps you and your passengers safe. Understand what these handy lights mean and if you need to take action to protect your Ft. Collins commute at the Dealership Service Center.
Know Your Honda Warning Lights
Depending on model and trim you drive, the warning lights in your Honda may vary but could include the following:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring: This light indicates the vehicle has inadequate tire pressure or improperly inflated tires.
- All-Wheel Drive: For vehicles equipped with AWD, a blinking indicator light means that the system has overheated or malfunctioned and requires immediate service. A steady light means the system is engaged.
- Electronic Power Steering: A problem with the EPS system could prevent the vehicle from responding as it should during emergency maneuvers, so it should be checked.
- Vehicle Stability Assist: This light indicates a problem with VSA or Hill Start Assist system, which could fail during aggressive driving or when trying to start the vehicle on an incline.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: A problem with this system could prevent the vehicle from maintaining proper following distance and might cause a collision if the driver loses focus.
- Oil Pressure Indicator: Low oil pressure could indicate a leak within the system or that the vehicle is burning excessive oil.
- Anti-Lock Braking: A problem with the ABS means the brakes will not function as they should and could overheat.
- Supplemental Restraint System: An issue with the airbags or seatbelt sensors can cause this light to activate.
- Check Engine Light: This light could indicate a problem with the emissions control system, that the engine is ready for service, or other serious issues.
- Lane Keeping Assist: The Lane Keeping Assist System light could mean a problem with the autonomous steering function.
Get Auto Care at Honda of Greeley
Here at Honda of Greeley we’re ready to help you keep up to date on all your Honda maintenance services, and we’re happy to offer advice on everything from how often you should rotate your tires, to how to wash your car properly, and what is car detailing. Check out our current service specials, and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
More From Honda of Greeley
The 2019 Honda Civic sedan is loaded with comfort and entertainment features designed to enhance your Loveland-area commute. Learn more about the Civic interior features, then schedule a test drive at Honda of Greeley today! New Civic Sedan InventoryContact Us Civic Interior: Comfort Features The 2019 Civic interior offers three cloth and three leather seating options. Whichever…
If you’re searching for a capable crossover SUV that is equipped with the sure-footed traction of AWD, you’re in luck. The 2019 Honda CR-V has AWD as an available option for every one of its trim levels. Learn more about how the Honda Real Time AWD with Intelligent Control System™ can provide confidence and control…
No matter which of the five Civic trims you choose, the 2019 Honda Civic delivers the fuel-efficient performance that Ft. Collins drivers can appreciate. Whether cruising city streets or heading out on the highway, the Honda Civic MPG is impressive. Learn more about the Civic fuel economy ratings, then schedule a test drive at Honda of Greeley today!…