What Do Your Honda Warning Lights Mean?
The various Honda warning lights on your dash aren’t there just to decorate the space. They convey important information that keeps you and your passengers safe. Understand what these handy lights mean and if you need to take action to protect your Ft. Collins commute at the Dealership Service Center.
Know Your Honda Warning Lights
Depending on model and trim you drive, the warning lights in your Honda may vary but could include the following:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring: This light indicates the vehicle has inadequate tire pressure or improperly inflated tires.
- All-Wheel Drive: For vehicles equipped with AWD, a blinking indicator light means that the system has overheated or malfunctioned and requires immediate service. A steady light means the system is engaged.
- Electronic Power Steering: A problem with the EPS system could prevent the vehicle from responding as it should during emergency maneuvers, so it should be checked.
- Vehicle Stability Assist: This light indicates a problem with VSA or Hill Start Assist system, which could fail during aggressive driving or when trying to start the vehicle on an incline.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: A problem with this system could prevent the vehicle from maintaining proper following distance and might cause a collision if the driver loses focus.
- Oil Pressure Indicator: Low oil pressure could indicate a leak within the system or that the vehicle is burning excessive oil.
- Anti-Lock Braking: A problem with the ABS means the brakes will not function as they should and could overheat.
- Supplemental Restraint System: An issue with the airbags or seatbelt sensors can cause this light to activate.
- Check Engine Light: This light could indicate a problem with the emissions control system, that the engine is ready for service, or other serious issues.
- Lane Keeping Assist: The Lane Keeping Assist System light could mean a problem with the autonomous steering function.
More From Honda of Greeley
If you missed the Fort Collins Foodie Walk, or you just want to grab a bite that’s a little closer to the Loveland area, then check out our suggestions for the best places to grab some Sushi in Denver, and enjoy something fresh tonight. Izakaya Ronin A unique tri-level sushi restaurant that features a traditional…
The 2018 Honda CR-V is a crossover that promises AWD performance with interior luxury, comfort, and safety. No matter which of the 2018 Honda CR-V configurations you choose, you’ll find plenty of standard and optional features for your family in Ft. Collins. Choose between two engines options with available continuously variable transmission (CVT), as well as…
The 2019 Honda Pilot configurations are LX, EX, EX-L, Touring, and Elite. As you move up the line, you’ll gain access to more upscale performance, exterior, and interior and cargo features. From a powerful V6 engine to an optional rear-entertainment system, the new Pilot offers plenty for you and your family to be excited about….